Photo Caption: Carnival Jubilee ship.
MIAMI (Dec. 13, 2023) – Starboard Cruise Services, the leading retail curator at sea, collaborates with longtime partner, Carnival Cruise Line, to launch all-new retail offerings on Carnival Jubilee, the new flagship for the world’s most popular cruise line. Setting sail from Galveston, Tex. on Dec. 23, the third of Carnival’s new Excel-class ships promises to bring a wide range of curated assortments and experiences, anchored in Carnival’s values that invite guests to Choose Fun.
“We’re excited to once again partner with Carnival to transform ordinary shopping into journeys filled with extraordinary moments,” says Lisa Bauer, Starboard’s president and CEO. “Not only does the retail offering align with Carnival’s guests’ preferences and style, but it also celebrates the ship’s home port in the Lone Star State of Texas with custom created Carnival branded collections and so much more.”
Carnival Jubilee will offer expansive retail spaces with multiple shops across three decks. In spaces that are both playful and elegant, guests will find several categories varying from watches and sunglasses, spirits, perfumes and cosmetics to fashion jewelry, handbags, apparel and Carnival branded items – including new collections that are exclusive to the new ship.
“Our guests are going to love the new collections created specifically for Carnival Jubilee that help us celebrate her homeport of Galveston and the rich heritage of Texas. These exclusive new collections help us to build on the already expansive retail offering our Excel-class affords, delivering a truly next-level shopping experience for our guests,” said Luis Terife, Carnival’s vice president of onboard guest commerce at Carnival Cruise Line. “Recently, we were recognized for the “Best Onboard Shopping” by Porthole Cruise and Travel Magazine, and soon guests on Carnival Jubilee will experience this recognition firsthand with a truly world-class onboard shopping experience.”
Fun Take on Luxury
- Noteworthy Swiss Timepiece Concepts:
- Carnival Jubilee’s Fun Shops will boast Swiss luxury watchmaker TAG Heuer’s largest standalone boutique on the Carnival Cruise Line fleet, housing exclusive novelties such as the 60th Anniversary Carrera collection and surrounded by immersive storytelling to bring the culture of TAG Heuer to life on board.
- Luxe Legacy, Starboard’s new proprietary brand of curated pre-owned luxury collections, debuts for the first time on Carnival Jubilee, in the most extensive footprint for certified pre-owned luxury Swiss watches.
- Vintage Luxury: Guests can immerse themselves into the world of vintage luxury with What Goes Around Comes Around, a collection of “pre-loved” handbags and accessories from labels like Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Gucci, all certified 100 percent authentic.
Photo Caption: TAG Heuer Carrera watch and merchandise from the Inaugural Americana collection.
Celebrating Texas Heritage
Showing homage to the ship’s home port, Carnival Jubilee will showcase three new exclusive Texas- inspired logo collections – Carnival Saloon, Inaugural Americana, and the Heroes Collection.
- The Carnival Saloon assortment incorporates designs with denim and iconography, with drink koozies shaped like cowboy boots, trucker caps, fringed T-shirts, and cowboy and cowgirl hats carrying a clear Western theme.
- In similar fashion, the red, white and blue Inaugural Americana is a full-on celebration of America and Carnival’s designation as America’s Cruise Line. The colors of the American flag, which are also Carnival’s colors, can be seen in recurring hues, often applied with a washed finish that evokes a weathered, vintage feel.
- Guests can also show their patriotism with the Heroes Collection, which honors the men and women who’ve served their country in the Armed Forces, along with their families. The Heroes Collection serves as another sign of appreciation for military service, as Carnival proudly carries more active military service members and veterans than any other cruise line.
Furthering guests’ Texan inspired experience, The Fun Shops on Carnival Jubilee will feature Texas-based brand Kendra Scott’s new Rodeo and Yellow Rose curated collections. Saluting Texas-based spirits brands, The Fun Shops will proudly offer Deep Eddy Vodka, Titos Vodka and Yellow Rose Bourbon.
Inside The Carnival Store, vacationers of all ages will enjoy an experiential activity where an interactive floor comes alive, engaging guests in a wide range of Carnival-themed moments while shopping – from catching graphics that are available on tees you can purchase right in shop, to itinerary themed beaches or the homeport of Galveston with some Carnival fun, and more.
Beauty Solutions ‘For All,’ Enhanced By Technology
Starboard’s “Beauty for All” campaign empowers individuals to embrace their unique beauty with high quality products and solutions that are accessible to all and promote a vibrant and inclusive world through positive messaging. Launching “first at sea” on Carnival Jubilee will be SkInsight, a cutting-edge interactive AI skin analysis experience that delivers a detailed skin assessment in seconds. Guests can step up to the mirror, see their reflection in augmented reality and watch as the AI tool scans their skin and recommends uniquely personalized product regimens with the products available for purchase onboard.
Also making its debut on Carnival Jubilee is celebrity-founded Kylie Cosmetics and Kylie Skin with clean, vegan, cruelty free, and dermatologically tested products. Guests can discover diverse and inclusive brands such as Sol de Janeiro, skin and body care capturing the beauty of Brazil, Olaplex, helping guests customize a healthy hair routine, and Patchology, innovative skincare with nourishing ingredients to hydrate skin.
Sailing Again: Renowned artist and fan-favorite Romero Britto is back with the whimsical collaboration with Carnival for custom-created pieces, as well as premier jewelry and accessory brand Swarovski.
Carnival Jubilee will sail week-long voyages year-round from Galveston visiting popular destinations in the Western Caribbean, such as Cozumel, Costa Maya, and Mahogany Bay.
CLICK HERE to view and download retail images.
Charting a new course in the duty-free industry since 1958, Starboard has been the world’s leading vacation retailer at sea with the purpose to curate a vibrant world for guests, cruise line partners, brand collaborators and employees. Starboard’s transformative retail elevates the experience on more than 100 ships across 13 world-class cruise line partners: Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Costa Cruises, Holland America, Norwegian Cruise Line, Resort World Cruises, Royal Caribbean International, and Virgin Voyages. Starboard’s dedicated Luxury Division partners with Azamara, Crystal, Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours, Silversea, and The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection.
Starboard is consistently recognized for quality and innovation by the travel industry, championing numerous awards, including DFNI-Frontier Americas Travel Retailer of the Year, Asia/Pacific Cruise Retailer of the Year, Global Cruise Retailer of the Year and Exceptional Achievement by a Cruise Retailer.
Going beyond sailing, Starboard’s sister company, Onboard Media, creates multimedia products for top companies in the travel and hospitality industry, driving brand awareness to generate sales and grow revenue. Both businesses are headquartered in Miami with additional Starboard offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Genoa, Italy.
Starboard and Onboard Media are proud to be a part of Global Travel Retail Holdings, LLC, an industry leading travel and technology-centric joint venture in partnership with Vacation Retail Holdings, LLC and LVMH.
About Carnival Cruise Line
Carnival Cruise Line, part of Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK), is the first cruise line to sail over 100 million guests and is proud to be known as America’s Cruise Line, for carrying more Americans and serving more U.S. homeports than any other. Since its founding in 1972, Carnival has continually revolutionized the cruise industry and popularized the cruise vacation as an affordable and fun travel option. Carnival operates from 14 U.S. and two Australian homeports and employs more than 40,000 team members representing 120 nationalities. Carnival currently sails 26 ships and continues an exciting period of growth with another ship joining the fleet next spring and an all-new exclusive destination, Celebration Key, set to debut on Grand Bahama in summer 2025.
Maureen Gonzalez | FINN Partners
(954) 368-9809 | Maureen.Gonzalez@finnpartners.com