Starboard is looking for guest focused candidates who will be able to create sales opportunities and exceed sales results.
New-hires must be able to obtain a valid passport from their home country, as well as all required visas, and pass a full medical examination.
In order to join our team and embark on this exciting opportunity, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Be fluent in English (written and orally).
- Be able to obtain a valid passport and any required visas depending upon the ship’s destination.
- Be able to live onboard a cruise ship for 6 months continuously minimum.
- Be available to work 7-days per week, up to 14 hours a day.
- Have 2 years of successful retail experience, preferably in fine jewelry, watches, beauty, visual merchandising, promotions, clothing, accessories and/or liquor, preferred.
- Be flexible with work schedule, job duties and job locations.
- Be willing to share a cabin with one other member of shipboard staff.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and great communication skills.
- Be willing to work in a high-volume, fast-paced sales-focused environment.
- Be able to lift 55 lbs (25 kgs).
Here are a few things to consider before embarking on a career with Starboard:
- Make sure that your experience, skills, and interests are a good match for the position by reviewing the position in detail.
- Create a well-tailored curriculum vitae typed in English. Include your current contact information, such as cell phone numbers and email addresses.
- Describe carefully your work experience and education.
- Highlight any skills, experiences, and languages that can make you more competitive for the position.
- Remember, Starboard Cruise Services is looking for motivated sales professionals. This energetic personality is highly expected during the interview.
- Interviews will be held in specific countries and we encourage our candidates to be available all day as we conduct interviews, activities, and a company orientation that will detail many aspects of the position and life onboard.
Once you have met our basic qualifications, we invite you to apply now through one of our accredited Crew Placement Vendors nearest to your area to begin with your application process. The vendor will answer any questions you may have about the interview and selection process with Starboard Cruise Services.
Click here to find a vendor nearest you.