APPEARANCE & BEHAVIOR
"Guests expect Starboard staff to be smartly dressed, well-groomed and maintain a neat appearance. This helps us showcase our professionalism.”
As you represent both Starboard Cruise Services and the cruise line, you are expected to be dressed in a professional manner at all times, and be cooperative and courteous to guests, your team and other members of the ship’s staff and crew.
The following are Starboard’s standards for all shop managers, assistant managers and sales associates:
- Hairstyles are to be kept clean and neatly groomed with multiple colored styles not permitted.
- Deodorant and daily bathing is a requirement.
- Perfume and similar products should be lightly scented and used in moderation.
- Small, tasteful jewelry is permitted for both men and women, though males are not permitted to wear earrings.
- Nose rings, tongue and eyebrow rings and similar items may not be worn.
- Visible tattoos are not allowed.
BehaviorAll Starboard Employees are subject to the rules and regulations of their individual ship and must follow the orders of the Master and his immediate staff.
- No drinking of alcoholic beverages will be allowed while on duty and no employee will be allowed to report for work under the influence of alcohol.
- Possession and or use of drugs in any form are prohibited. Violators will be subject to prosecution by local authorities.
- Theft of any kind is prohibited. Violators will be subject to prosecution by local authorities.
- Fighting onboard is prohibited and will result in immediate dismissal.
- Employees are prohibited to form a social relationship with a guest.
Have questions? Get answers from our FAQs.